To continuously monitor your site for broken links using Google Search Console, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Google Search Console account. …
- Click the site you want to monitor. …
- Click Crawl, and then click Fetch as Google. …
- After Google crawls the site, to access the results click Crawl, and then click Crawl Errors.
The options on here are pretty self-explanatory: Edit URL: Edit (i.e. correct) the URL. Unlink: Delete the link (but retain the anchor text). Not broken: Mark the link as not broken (it will disappear).
How to find Broken Links within your Website?
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider.
- Dead Link Checker.
- Broken Link Checker.
- Dr. Link Check.
- Chrome Extension.
- Broken Link Test.
Fix Broken Links in WordPress Without Plugin
- 1.Google Webmaster Tools (FREE) Google Webmaster Tools is a great way of finding 404 errors and broken links. …
- 2.W3C Link Checker (FREE) W3C, or the World Wide Web Consortium, has a link checker that checks broken links and more. …
- Link Valet (FREE)
You can put a domain or a specific URL into Ahrefs Site Explorer and choose the Broken Links report from the left menu. In this report, you’ll see a list of all the anchor texts of a given website’s broken links.
There are 4 ways to fix broken internal links:
- Is It A Typo? One common cause of broken internal links is typos. …
- Make the Page Real Again. This is the best solution for fixing broken links in terms of SEO, especially if the missing page has backlinks pointing to it. …
- Redirects. …
- Delete the Broken Link.
Removing URLs from Google’s search results
- Click on Site Configuration, and select Crawl Access.
- Select Remove URL.
- Click on New removal request.
- Select the first option to completely remove a page from Google search results. …
- Click on Next.
- Type the URL of the page you would like to remove from Google.
How to identify broken links in Selenium WebDriver
- Collect all the links present on a web page based on the <a> tag.
- Send HTTP request for each link.
- Verify the HTTP response code.
- Determine if the link is valid or broken based on the HTTP response code.
- Repeat the process for all links captured with the first step.
To find the list of all 404 pages, you can log in to the Google search console account and click on Crawl errors under diagnostics. Click on not found, and you will see a list of all the links resulting in the 404 error. Click on any URL, and you will find all the pages where the broken link is linked.
Broken links are not only bad for user experience but can also be harmful to your site’s loving relationship with Google, i.e. your SEO. Avoid linking out to broken content, and also avoid having pages on your site that are broken.
The first thing you should try is resetting your permalink settings. … Go to permalink settings; set the settings away from the standard settings (it can be numeric settings), and save it. Then, revert back to standard settings again, save and see if it works. Try to access one of your broken links again.
You can do this by setting up 301 redirects. The easiest way to fix broken links and set up redirection is by using the All in One SEO (AIOSEO) plugin for WordPress. It offers a powerful redirection manager that helps you track 404 error pages and create 301 redirects.
Go to Settings > List all URLs within the admin panel to generate an ordered list of all website URLs.