Remove all headers and footers
- Go to Insert > Header or Footer, and then select Remove Header or Remove Footer.
- If your document has more than one section, repeat this process for each section.
How to Remove Sidebar in WordPress
- Log into your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets on the left side of your dashboard.
- Find the Sidebar area.
- Expand the widget section by clicking the down arrow.
- Then, click Delete.
- Repeat these steps until you’ve deleted all the widgets under the Sidebar area.
How to Remove Footer in WordPress Free Themes
- Install and activate the Remove Footer Credit plugin. Source: WordPress.
- Go to Tools > Remove Footer Credit.
- Enter the text or HTML you would like to remove in the first text field. Then, add your own footer text to the second text field.
- Click Save.
Astra allows you to disable these through the Astra Meta box settings of the specific page or post. As you can see in the screenshot, you will find a meta box named Astra settings in your backend. You can disable the title, header or footer from here.
You can also edit the sidebar from the WordPress Dashboard. In the left-hand menu, select Appearance > Widgets, find the Sidebar section, and then give it a click to expand.
Customize the Sidebar From the Dashboard
- Rearrange your widgets. …
- Change a widget’s title. …
- Delete a widget. …
- Add a widget.
A sidebar in WordPress is referred to a widget-ready area used by WordPress themes to display information that is not a part of the main content. It is not always a vertical column on the side. It can be a horizontal rectangle below or above the content area, footer, header, or any where in the theme.
Is it legal to remove WordPress footer credit links? … Yes, it is absolutely legal to remove footer credits link on your WordPress site. WordPress is free, and it is released under the GPL license. In short, that license gives you the freedom to use, modify, and even redistribute WordPress.
Go to Edit Header, Footer , Pages Option. Choose the Footer Page you want to edit, and you will be redirected to Pagelayer Editor for editing your Footer Page. Here, you can edit your Footer Page as per your need. You can add, edit, delete any of the Element on your Footer Page.
Head over to ‘Appearance > Customize > Footer > Footer Bar’. We are assuming you’re using the Astra theme, just as we have in this article. If you are using any other theme, then the settings may look a little different. But you can still edit the footer via the WordPress customizer.