Manually Creating a Custom Page Template in WordPress
How do I customize my WordPress homepage?
To designate your static homepage, go to My Sites → Customize → Homepage Settings: Then, under Front page displays, choose A static page. Next, click on the Homepage dropdown list and select the “Home” page you created as your static homepage: Next, on the Posts page dropdown, select the “Posts” page you created.
How do I change the front page in WordPress?
How to Change the Default Home Page in WordPress
- Log in to the administration area of your WordPress site.
- Click on “Settings” in the left sidebar to expand the “Settings” submenu. …
- Click on the radio button labelled “A static page” in the “Front Page Displays” section to set the front page to display a static page.
How do I get help on WordPress?
The main places to go for WordPress help and support are:
- WordPress Codex – WordPress Online Manual.
- WordPress Support Forums.
- IRC Libera WordPress Support on channel #wordpress.
- WordPress IRC Live Help.
How do I create a custom WordPress Plugin?
What you should do is simply this:
- In WordPress, create a new page; title it “example” – note the slug it generates. It should be “example” as well, mimicking the title.
- Create a file in your active theme called page-example. php – mirroring that slug.
- Sandwich your custom PHP with bare-bones HTML code in page-example.