Link to a PDF in WordPress
- Open a post or page, put your cursor where you want to add the PDF link, and click Add Media.
- Click Select Files and navigate to the PDF file or document you want to link to.
- In the Insert Media screen, make sure the PDF you want to link to is checked.
Press Ctrl+K. You can also right-click the text or picture and click Link on the shortcut menu. In the Insert Hyperlink box, type or paste your link in the Address box. Note: If you don’t see the Address box, make sure Existing File or Web Page is selected under Link to.
To add hyperlinks, just take the following steps:
- Open your PDF document using Adobe.
- Click on Tools > Edit PDF > Link. Then select “Add/Edit Web or Document Link. Next, drag a box to where you want to add the hyperlink to.
- Last, save the file, and it will add the hyperlink to the document.
To upload a PDF document:
- Click the Link icon in the toolbar.
- Click Browse Server.
- Click documents in the Navigation list at the far left.
- Click Upload, then Browse.
- Locate your file, select it and click Open.
- Click Upload.
- Close the File Browser window.
Example 1 – Microsoft Word
- Open both the Word document where the link will be inserted and folder where the file exists.
- In the folder, select the path in the Address bar and Copy it (Ctrl C)
- Open the Word document to where you want the link and Paste it (Ctrl V) Example: C:Test Folder.
Click the “Edit” > “Link” to add the hyperlink to the text in your PDF. On this page, you can also adjust the appearance and link action of the hyperlink. Then click the “Set Link” button to finish adding the hyperlink to the PDF file.