How do you delete a homepage on WordPress?
How do I delete my WordPress.com Website?
- Login to your website and go to My Site > Settings > General.
- At the bottom of the General tab there is a link to Delete your site permanently.
- Before your site is deleted you will have the opportunity to export your content. …
- Next you should see a button that says Delete Site.
How do I remove default home page?
How to Get Rid of an Unwanted Homepage
- Launch Chrome. …
- Click the “Set Pages” link next to the “Open a Specific Page or Set of Pages” which should already be selected.
- Click on the “X” on the tiles of each Web address you’d like to remove from your listing of home page tabs.
To remove the Home link, visit Appearance > Customize > Menus. Then remove the ‘Home’ text under the Home Text Link option. Next, select pages for the ‘First, Second, and Third’ menu locations. From there, be sure to save your changes.
How do I delete all content and start over in WordPress?
You can do so directly from your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Tools > WP Reset. …
- Type “’reset” in the Confirmation field. …
- A popup message will appear asking you to confirm that you want to reset your site. …
- Click the Tools tab. …
- Click the Delete all themes button. …
- Now click the Delete plugins button.
How do I recover a permanently deleted page in WordPress?
Step 1: Log into your WordPress admin panel and go to Pages or Posts (Depending on which one you want to restore). Step 2: Click on Trash and you’ll be redirected to all your deleted pages and posts. Step 3: Select the page you want to restore, and two options will appear under it – Restore and Delete Permanently.
How do I remove a website from startup?
Removing a Single Page From the Tab Startup
- Open Google Chrome. …
- Move your mouse cursor over the website thumbnail you want to remove. …
- Click on the “X” button in the right corner to remove the website from the tab startup page.
- Open Google Chrome and click on the “Wrench” logo in the right corner of the browser window.
How can I remove Google as my homepage?
Click Set as default and click Close.
- Step 1: Open Internet Options. Click on Tools from the menu at the top of your browser. …
- Step 2: Change your homepage to Google. In the top section called Home page, delete the highlighted text next to Address. …
- Step 3: Save your changes. Click OK at the bottom to save your changes.
Click the “Remove” link at the bottom of the Home menu options. Click the “Save Menu” button. The Home button is no longer displayed on your blog posts.
Step 1: Navigate to Appearance -> Menu. Step 2: Click the drop-down arrow next to the menu item you wish to delete. Step 3: Click Remove to delete the menu item. Step 4: When you are finished, click Save Menu.
Create a custom menu with nothing in it and then save it and in the theme locations module, select that blank menu from the pulldown and then click save and the top menu should go away.
Why can’t I edit my homepage in WordPress?
You have to create and publish the welcome page and then set that as your “static front page” at settings > reading. If you want a blog page showing posts as well, you also have to create a blog page and publish it, and then set it as the “posts” page at settings > reading.
How do I change my homepage?
Choose your homepage
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More. Settings.
- Under “Advanced,” tap Homepage.
- Choose Chrome’s homepage or a custom page.
How do I change the header in WordPress?
Edit header options for my WordPress site
- Sign in to WordPress.
- In the left-hand menu, select Appearance > Customize.
- Select Site Identity or Header > Site Identity. You will see options to edit the logo, site title, tagline, and site icon.
- Select Publish to apply the changes.