First, you need to go to Appearance » Themes page and click on the theme that you want to delete. WordPress will now open theme details in a popup window. You need to click on the Delete button at the bottom right corner of the popup screen. Next, you’ll be asked to confirm that you want to delete the theme.
Can you delete default WordPress Themes?
Every new install of WordPress comes with a number of themes. But often people install their own theme and wonder if these default themes can be safely removed. The short answer is – YES you can delete the default themes — BUT make sure you always have a SECOND theme.
How do I clear my default WordPress?
Reset WordPress With A Plugin
- Go to Tools > WP Reset. Scroll down to the Site Reset section.
- Type “’reset” in the Confirmation field. …
- A popup message will appear asking you to confirm that you want to reset your site. …
- Click the Tools tab. …
- Click the Delete all themes button. …
- Now click the Delete plugins button.
How do I uninstall a theme?
Deleting a theme
- From the Home screen, tap , and then find and tap Themes.
- Tap > My themes, and then swipe to the My collections tab.
- Tap > Remove.
- Tap the themes you want to remove from your collection.
- Tap Remove.
How do I delete all WordPress Themes?
As long as you have access to the administrator dashboard, you can quickly delete any WordPress theme inside WordPress.
- Log into your WordPress dashboard as an administrator.
- In the dashboard panel, select Appearance > Themes. …
- Hover over the theme you want to delete and click Theme Details.
How do I delete an old WordPress site?
Step 1 – Visit your site’s settings page by clicking on My Site (s) → Settings.
- Step 2 – Scroll to the bottom of the General tab, and select Delete your site permanently. …
- Step 3 – On the following screen, you will first be presented with the option to export your content.
How do I delete WordPress and start over?
To reset your site, you need to type the word ‘reset‘ in the confirmation field before clicking the red ‘Reset Site’ button. WP Reset will pop up a message asking you to confirm that you want to reset the site. Click ‘Reset WordPress’ to continue. You’ll see a ‘Resetting in progress’ message for a few seconds.
What is the best WordPress theme?
Top WordPress Themes
- Divi. Divi is one of the most popular multi-purpose WordPress themes on the market. …
- Ultra. Ultra is the most powerful and flexible WordPress theme created by Themify. …
- Astra. …
- OceanWP. …
- StudioPress. …
- Avada. …
- Soledad. …
- X Theme.
Does reinstalling WordPress delete everything?
Reinstalling WordPress does not mean going back to square one. All of your contents, themes, plugins, etc. can be saved and restored once you have successfully installed the latest version of WordPress.
How do you start over in WordPress?
If you’re building your site and want to start over from scratch, you have two options:
- Re-install WordPress (use your host’s one click-installation feature)
- Use a plugin like WP Reset to erase all content, settings, themes and plugins.
How do I refresh my WordPress site?
To force a refresh, just navigate to “Tools”, click on “Force Refresh” and click the button that says, “Refresh Site.”