Scroll down and stop at the Name section. Find the Name section in the author’s profile. Choose a name for the author which you want to display on the website, then put it in the Nickname (required) field. It may be Anonymous Author or Somebody/Someone, for example.
After, installing it on your website, simply head over to ‘Plugins’ and click on Hide/Remove Metadata to open its settings. Then activate it. After activating the plugin, choose it from the right side of WordPress and as it is displayed in the image below, choose hide author option to hide the author’s name.
How do I hide my information on WordPress?
There are numerous simple WordPress Security Tips that can be easily followed to secure a website rather than hiding it.
- Use Strong Passwords.
- Keep your WordPress core updated to the latest version.
- Use updated themes and plugins and delete inactive themes and plugins.
- Use CAPTCHA and/or 2 step verification on login page.
Changing the Author Using Quick Edit
- Click “Posts” in the left sidebar.
- Hover over the article you want to update.
- Choose “Quick Edit” under the title.
- Change the author in the “Author” dropdown menu.
Head over to Appearance » Widgets page and add [WPUM] Login Form widget to a sidebar. You can now visit your website to see the author profile page in action. As a logged in user, you will see your own account information in the sidebar widget. Clicking on the username will take you to your author profile page.
How to delete an author name in an Office document (Word, PowerPoint, or Excel)
- Open the document. NOTE: If you want to change the author name in a template, right-click on the template, and select Open to open the template. …
- Go to File > Info.
- Right click on the author’s name.
- Select Remove Person.
How do I hide categories in WordPress?
Go to Settings and click, “Category Excluder.” In this screen, you can choose which categories you want to show. You also have the option to exclude categories from feeds, archives and the search function of WordPress.
How do I secure WordPress?
In this tutorial, we will share our 10 Best Tips to keep your WordPress website secure.
- Choose a Good Hosting Company. …
- Don’t Use Nulled Themes. …
- Install a WordPress Security Plugin. …
- Use a Strong Password. …
- Disable File Editing. …
- Install SSL Certificate. …
- Change your WP-login URL.
- Limit Login Attempts.
How do I hide my WordPress URL?
Posts and Pages
- Open a new Web browser tab and log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Click “Posts” or “Pages” on the main menu, depending on whether the link you want to hide is in a post or a page.
- Click the post or page containing the link you want to hide.
In WordPress, the term author refers to a predefined user role. A user with author role can upload files, write, edit, publish and delete their own articles. … This is usually done through the built-in author archive pages which displays a list of all posts written by them.
On the post edit screen, you need to make sure ‘Post’ is selected in the right-hand sidebar. Then, locate ‘Author’ under the ‘Status & Visibility‘ section. Next, select the new author name from the drop down menu. You’ll see a list of available authors to choose from.