How do you add a tagline in WordPress?
Inserting a Tagline
- Log in to your WordPress website. …
- Select the file “header. …
- Click to position the cursor where you want the tagline to appear. …
- Type the following code where you want the tagline to appear:
- Scroll down and click the “Update File” button to begin displaying the tagline in your website’s header.
How do I show the site title and tagline in WordPress?
You can use the bloginfo(); tag plus a little HTML code to display your site name and tagline. Most sites have a clickable title, which is a site title that takes you back to the home page when it’s clicked.
Why is my tagline not showing up in WordPress?
In case it is not displayed on your website by default, please navigate to Appearance > Editor. Open file static-logo. php from the list on the right. Make sure you have selected themeXXXXX files.
What is a tagline for a website?
What is a Tagline? Taglines are 8-12 word phrases that explain the key benefits of your company. They can be set up as part of your logo, in photo captions, questions, bullet items or other small blocks of text on the site.
Where does a site tagline appear?
Your site’s title and tagline serve as most visitors’ introduction to your content. In many WordPress themes, these elements appear at the top of every page – often within the header. The title is typically the name of your site, while the tagline is a short phrase or sentence underneath.