Just click edit page and you will see the menu order it should be under Page attribute section. From your WordPress dashboard, go to Pages . Click Quick Edit and change the Order parameter on all of the pages to reflect the order you want.
How do I change the order of my WordPress posts?
Simply edit the post you want to reorder and on the post edit screen click on the publish date under the Document panel. This will bring up a date and time popup where you can change the post’s published date and time. After you have changed the date/time, click on the ‘Update’ button to save your changes.
Can you categorize pages in WordPress?
You can now add Categories to the Pages just like you do it for your Posts. Now you can get the pages with specific category with the help of query post/wp_query.
Menu order is most often used to sort the display order for pages. The order property for pages can be set in the Page Attributes metabox in the Page Editor. Posts, on the other hand, do not have an order field available within the Post Attributes metabox. All posts are assigned a default menu order value of 0.
How do I organize my WordPress dashboard pages?
How to Organize WordPress Pages
- Go to Pages in your dashboard.
- Find the page Services and click the title.
- Locate the Page Attributes module to the right of the editor.
- Put the number 1 in the box for Order. This tells WordPress to display this page first on your site.
- Click the Update button.
How do I show posts in descending order in WordPress?
First click on Manage Rules, a new window will appear with listing of all rules you created.. Now in General Settings choose In Order Ascending to display posts in ascending order or Descending to display posts in descending order.
How do I reverse the order of posts in WordPress?
Probably the easiest way to reverse the order of posts on your WordPress site is to install the Chronological Posts plugin. This plugin simply reverses the post order to be chronological. It’s a simple plugin with no settings or options.
How do I sort by category in WordPress?
WordPress – Arrange Categories
- Step (1) − Click on Posts → Category Order in WordPress. …
- Step (2) − In the following screen, you can see that the create categories section are not in order.
- Step (3) − Now, you can rearrange your categories by just dragging the categories as per your choice.
How do I add multiple pages to WordPress?
You can create a static front page, and then a separate page for all your published posts. You can do that and the first step is to create two pages and then designate them appropriately. (1) All posts on the front page which is also called the home page and is the URL of the site by default.
How to create a WordPress dropdown menu with core functionality
- Step 1: Create a menu (if needed) If you don’t already have a menu, enter a name in the Menu Name box and then click the Create Menu button. …
- Step 2: Add links to menu. …
- Step 3: Arrange menu items using drag and drop. …
- Step 4: Choose menu location.
$thispost = get_post($id); $menu_order = $thispost->menu_order; WordPress itself does not provide a function to get the menu_order , so you have to query the post -Object.
To add a custom navigation menu, the first thing you need to do is register your new navigation menu by adding this code to your theme’s functions. php file. add_action( ‘init’ , ‘wpb_custom_new_menu’ ); You can now go to Appearance » Menus page in your WordPress admin and try to create or edit a new menu.