Go to Appearance -> Customize -> Front page -> Slider-> Slider Type. Select “Static slide” from the drop down menu.
What is a slider plugin?
A slider is a design element used to display images and videos on your website. It works like a slideshow, showing one image or video at a time. … Many WordPress slider plugins allow you to place sliders on your home page, landing pages, posts, and almost anywhere you want on your site.
What is image slider WordPress?
The term slider is used for a design element, which is added to a WordPress page to display visual content. From classic image slideshows to modern fullscreen sliders, sliders come in all shapes and sizes. Using the right WordPress slider plugin, it’s easy to create your own sliders.
How do I add a slider to my WordPress site without plugins?
To add a WordPress slider without shortcode, you’ll need to follow these 5 steps:
- Install and activate Soliloquy Slider plugin.
- Create an image slider with Soliloquy.
- Copy the template tag from Soliloquy Slider Code widget.
- Edit the theme’s template file and paste the template tag.
- Click on the save button.