Once on the content editor screen, scroll down to the ‘AIOSEO Settings’ box below the content area. You will see your site’s title and an automatically generated description as the snippet. Below that, you’ll see the Meta Description field. Go ahead and enter a description into your Meta Description field.
Where do I put meta description?
How to add meta tags to your website
- Meta tags are basic elements of search engine optimization used to describe the page content. …
- To add meta tags to a web page, you need to edit the <head> section of the HTML file. …
- Open the HTML file and locate the <head> section near the top of the file.
How do I automatically add meta description in WordPress?
Auto Generate meta description in Yoast and all in one SEO plugin. Move the cursor of your mouse to the Yoast plugin menu and navigate to title and meta page. Now click on post types tab and enter %%excerpt%% in meta description template box for posts and pages. Scroll down and hit the save button.
How do I change meta description in WordPress?
How to Change a WordPress Meta Description
- Launch your browser and log into your blog at WordPress.com.
- Click the “Settings” icon on the Dashboard panel to the left.
- Click the “General” menu item.
- Type your new description into the input box labeled “Tagline.”
- Click the “Save Changes” button to save your new Tagline.
What is meta tag example?
Meta tags provide information about the webpage in the HTML of the document. This information is called “metadata” and while it is not displayed on the page itself, it can be read by search engines and web crawlers. … Example of meta tags include the <title> and <description> elements.
How do you write a good meta description?
How to write a great meta description
- Stick to your brand voice and tone, but also keep it conversational.
- Include your primary keyword if you can do so naturally.
- Make sure you convey value to the reader.
- Include a call-to-action, i.e. “Learn more here.”
- Write in active voice.
What is the use of meta keywords?
Meta tags are used “behind the scenes” of a website page to communicate information about that page to search engine crawlers. The Meta Keyword tag is used — or more accurately, was used — to let Google and other search engines know which keywords were most relevant to the content of a given web page.
How do I make meta description automatically?
Generate the meta description Select the URL cell (or both the URL and the length cells). Go to Add-ons → Meta Descriptions Writer → Get Meta Description. Your description would now be generated.
How do I use meta keywords?
Use the meta keywords tag to describe the page. Just remember that you’re still not likely to rank better than other pages that have textual information. Search engines are textual creatures. Give them what they want.
How do I write a meta description for 2019?
How to Write Powerful Meta Descriptions
- Ignore Character Count… To a Point. Stop agonizing over character count. …
- Use Keywords. Again, just because Google doesn’t use meta descriptions for ranking doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t include keywords. …
- Include a Call to Action. …
- Don’t Write a Meta Description.