How do I create an option page in WordPress?
This is where we’ll insert our stylesheet reference as follows:
- Example 11. theme /functions/admin-menu.php (excerpt) …
- Example 12. theme /functions/admin-menu.php (excerpt) …
- Figure 6. The display after we add the widefat class. …
- Example 13. theme /functions/options-page.css. …
- Figure 7. The Options form with our new custom CSS.
What is WordPress Option page?
In WordPress, an admin options page is a page that the site administrator accesses to change something about his or her site. Any page listed under “Tools” or “Settings,” for example, is an admin options page.
How do I use options in WordPress?
Adding And Updating Options In WordPress
- name: The name of the option to be created.
- value: The initial value of the option.
- depcrecated: Optional. Not used (just add a ” to your code)
- autoload: Optional. Should the option be automatically loaded on every page load? Valid values are yes or no, but the default is yes.
What is Option page?
Options pages are used to store global settings. These settings are not tied to a specific post, but are instead stored in the wp_options table. Once registered, your page will appear in the admin menu. You can then assign fields to your page via the “Options Page” location rule when editing a field group.
What is ACF options page?
Overview. The options page feature provides a set of functions to add extra admin pages to edit ACF fields! Each admin page can be fully customized (see code examples below), and sub admin pages can be created too! All data saved on an options page is global.
Where are page settings in WordPress?
The Settings tab in WordPress Admin sidebar is the central hub to configure settings for different sections of a WordPress website. It contains multiple sub-panels and many WordPress plugins also add their settings page as a menu under the Settings tab. Clicking on it takes users to the Settings » General screen.
How do I get ACF field value?
Because ACF will format the value depending on the field type and make development quicker and easier! To retrieve a field value as a variable, use the get_field() function. This is the most versatile function which will always return a value for any type of field.
How do I enable ACF pro?
To activate your license, log in to your WordPress admin and navigate to the Custom Fields > Updates page. If this page is not available, please check that you have activated the ACF PRO plugin (and deactivated the free one) or contact support for help.
How do I display ACF custom fields in frontend WordPress?
To make the fields show in the template you have to use the following: the_field(‘field-name’); You can also insert the code in the archive template or query post your are using to show posts. Check “display on front” within post or page editing.
What is Settings API in WordPress?
The Settings API, added in WordPress 2.7, allows admin pages containing settings forms to be managed semi-automatically. It lets you define settings pages, sections within those pages and fields within the sections. New settings pages can be registered along with sections and fields inside them.
How to Use This Code Snippet
- Paste this code into the main plugin file (it can not be an include or require file within the plugin)
- Modify options-general.php? page=my-plugin to match the URL ending for your settings page.