Open up the post that you want to edit, or create a new one. Find the text you want to use as the link’s anchor and highlight it. Then, click the ‘Link’ button which should appear in the first row of toolbar buttons. You can then copy and paste the URL you want to link to, or search for it, as in the block editor.
How to insert a link in WordPress Classic:
- Go to the web page you want to link to.
- Write the text you want to be a hyperlink. It is good to be descriptive and avoid the phrase “click here”
- Select the text.
- Click the make link button in WordPress. …
- Paste the URL from step one into the link field. …
- Then click insert.
- 1Highlight the text you want to add a hyperlink for.
- 2Click the linking tool.
- 3Enter the URL you want to link to.
- 4Click Add Link.
Adding Links in WordPress
- From the WordPress post or page editor, select the text that you want be hyperlinked.
- Once you have that text selected, click the hyperlink button in the toolbar.
- This will bring up a box where you can enter the URL of your hyperlink.
How to use shortcode of Purchase button?
- go to your page editor and set the name of button.
- click on Insert/edit link button.
- open Link options by clicking on:
- paste your shortcode in the URL field.
- click on Add link button.
How to post a link on Facebook without showing the URL:
- Just paste the link into your status and wait for the link to load.
- When the image and text appear just delete the link and write your update. Simples.
a href> tag. This will result in the visitor’s email program opening a new email with your address already in the To: field. Or combine all the options and allow your visitor to send email with the address, subject and text already entered.
How to Link to a Specific Part of a Page
- Give the object or text you’d like to link to a name. …
- Take the name you’ve chosen and insert it into an opening HTML anchor link tag. …
- Place that complete opening tag from above before the text or object you want to link to, and add a closing tag after.
Add Links to Images
- Add an image to the post or page using the Image Block.
- Click on the image and select the link icon (it looks like a link from a chain.)
- A box will pop up where you can paste your link or search your existing site content.