What happens when you make a WordPress page private?
A WordPress private page and posts are not visible to the public. In other words, visitors can’t see the content even if they know the URL. It is only available for authorized users who are logged in to the Dashboard.
How do I hide a published page on WordPress?
To hide your page/post by user roles, you need to download the Password Protect WordPress plugin.
Install and Activate the plugin.
- Now go to the post you want to hide and click on ‘Edit. …
- You will see a new option named ‘Password Protect WordPress’ on the right panel.
WordPress supports several different page visibilities, but a hidden page differs from them like this: Public: A hidden page isn’t widely advertised. They don’t get added automatically to menus even if that option is selected, but they can still be included in menus manually.
Why can’t I see my pages on WordPress?
You are using a custom menu (the default top menu cannot link to category pages like your “Poetry” page). So you need to go to Appearance > Menus and update your custom menu. You can also check the option “Automatically add new top-level pages to this menu” so that this won’t happen again.
How do I make a coming soon page on WordPress?
- Log in to your website administration panel.
- Go to Plugins page and click on Add New button, then click on Upload Plugin button.
- Click “Choose file” then select the WordPress Coming Soon plugin zip file.
- Then Install and activate our plugin.
Can I unpublish a post on WordPress?
First, login to your WordPress dashboard. Navigate to the post you want to unpublish, and locate the Publish meta box on the right side. If the post/page is live, the Status will read “Published.” To unpublish the post: Click the blue Edit link.
Can I unpublish my WordPress site?
If Your Website is Hosted on WordPress.com
In the sidebar go to Manage > Settings then scroll down to Privacy. There, you’ll see the Coming Soon, Public, and Private options. … So as you can see, unpublishing your WordPress website is easy if you’re working on wordpress.com.
To hide an existing page, select the More Options cog next to that page under Web Pages. Select “hidden but searchable” from under Button/Page Link Visible. Hidden but searchable means that their is no button in the main menu.
How do I create a noindex page in WordPress?
Noindex post types, categories, tags or other taxonomies
- Log in to your WordPress website. …
- Click on ‘SEO’. …
- Click on ‘Search Appearance’. …
- Select the tab that represents the content types, taxonomy or archive type you wish to exclude from the search results. …
- Toggle the ‘Show XYZ in search results? …
- Click ‘Save Changes’.