You can do this by going to Settings » Reading page in WordPress admin area. Next, you need to select ‘A static page’ option under ‘Your homepage displays’ section. After that, go ahead and select your home and blog pages. Don’t forget to click on the ‘Save changes’ button to store your settings.
Why can’t I edit my homepage in WordPress?
You have to create and publish the welcome page and then set that as your “static front page” at settings > reading. If you want a blog page showing posts as well, you also have to create a blog page and publish it, and then set it as the “posts” page at settings > reading.
How do I remove the default homepage in WordPress?
By default the front page of your blog displays all published posts (not pages) in reverse chronological order, with the most recently published post on top. After you do that you go to > Settings > Reading and make the designation change and click “save changes”.
How do I change the header in WordPress?
Edit header options for my WordPress site
- Sign in to WordPress.
- In the left-hand menu, select Appearance > Customize.
- Select Site Identity or Header > Site Identity. You will see options to edit the logo, site title, tagline, and site icon.
- Select Publish to apply the changes.
How do I set Google as my homepage?
In the Android version of the mobile app, you can add a home button to Chrome under Settings > Homepage. Make sure the switch is turned on and set the custom URL to www.google.com so you will be taken to Google each time you tap the home button.
How do I customize my Google Chrome homepage?
Change Homepage in Google Chrome
- In the top right corner of your computer’s browser, click the. button and select Settings from the drop down list.
- Find the Settings option labeled Appearance. Underneath it is a checkbox labeled Show Home button. …
- Click Change to edit the web address of the homepage.
Why is Google not my homepage?
Google is stuck as my homepage
Google won’t change your homepage settings without your permission. Reset your homepage. Choose a browser above, then follow the steps to replace Google with the site you want as your homepage. Check for unwanted programs.
How do I remove default home page?
How to Get Rid of an Unwanted Homepage
- Launch Chrome. …
- Click the “Set Pages” link next to the “Open a Specific Page or Set of Pages” which should already be selected.
- Click on the “X” on the tiles of each Web address you’d like to remove from your listing of home page tabs.
How do I select my homepage in WordPress?
To designate your static homepage, go to My Sites → Customize → Homepage Settings: Then, under Front page displays, choose A static page. Next, click on the Homepage dropdown list and select the “Home” page you created as your static homepage: Next, on the Posts page dropdown, select the “Posts” page you created.
How do I remove a default home page?
2- Go to Dashboard => Appearance => Customize => Menus =>Primary and see if there are any other pages on the menu except the pages that you have added. If so then you can remove the page or the link .