By default, Sections can only be used on Pages and Posts. Enabling Sections on the page will remove the default editor, and will also remove the sidebars from your page. To turn them on, open your page/create a new page, and click the Use Sections toggle which should be at the top right.
What is a section template?
Templates used for section pages are lists and therefore have all the variables and methods available to list pages.
How do I find sections in WordPress?
Find a page in the WordPress dashboard
- Once you have logged in to your WordPress dashboard click on the Pages button on the left menu.
- Scroll through the list of pages till you locate the one you are looking for and click on its name or the edit link.
How do I clone a section in WordPress?
Cloning a Section
- Edit the Page or Post you want to modify in your Dashboard.
- Roll your mouse over the section you want to clone. …
- The Blue menu will clone the entire column section to the right.
- The Yellow menu will clone the whole row section below.
- The Orange menu will clone the single block below.
How do I customize a post in WordPress?
How To Create A Dedicated Posts Page (In 3 Easy Steps)
- Step 1: Create Your Pages. To get started, navigate to Pages > Add New. …
- Step 2: Adjust Your Home Page Settings. Next, you’ll want to tell WordPress what your home page should be. …
- Step 3: Add Your Pages To a Menu.
Why can’t I edit my homepage in WordPress?
You have to create and publish the welcome page and then set that as your “static front page” at settings > reading. If you want a blog page showing posts as well, you also have to create a blog page and publish it, and then set it as the “posts” page at settings > reading.
How do I create a new page in Hugo?
md in /content/ with type: “page” in front matter, then create custom layout for it, for example layout: “simple-static” in front matter, then create the layout template in themes/<name>/layouts/page/ , for example, simple-static. html . Then, use all partials as usual, and call content from original .
What is Section ID in WordPress?
To make sure that the CSS styling and customization will be limited to the Page Section in question, the shortcode has an option called Section ID. You can add a name in the Section ID option which should be unique for the whole page and all lowercase without any spaces, for example: my-section-id.