Adding Recent Posts by Category in WordPress Sidebar
How do I show posts on a page in WordPress?
Firstly, login to your WordPress admin dashboard, then click on ‘Settings > Reading’. Next, select the “Your latest post” option under the ‘Homepage displays’ settings. After that, click on save changes. This is the easiest method of showing posts on your home page in WordPress.
How do I add a post to a specific page?
Here is how you do it:
- Go to Pages > Add New.
- Now just give your page a title, add your content and click Publish.
- Go to Settings > Reading.
- Choose ‘Static Page’ and in the drop down, select the new welcome page you just created.
- Click ‘Save Changes’.
How do I assign a post to a category in WordPress?
Assigning Posts to Categories
- Go to My Sites → Posts.
- Click on the post you want to assign to a category.
- Under Post Settings on the right, expand the Category option.
- Click the checkbox next to the category you want the post to be assigned to and publish your changes.
How do I find a post shortcode in WordPress?
Find a shortcode in WordPress theme
- Log in to the WordPress Dashboard with your login details.
- Drag and drop a text widget to your sidebar.
- Make a small code modification in the functions. …
- At the end of the file, paste Add_filter (“widget_text”, “do_shortcode”);
- Add your short code of choice inside it.
- And Save changes.
What is difference between Post and Page in WordPress?
In a nutshell, pages are used for static content, whereas posts are for more timely content that is regularly updated. Depending on your website, you can have any combination of pages and posts. Both have their uses, so it’s worth understanding their relative strengths.
Can you have more than one posts page in WordPress?
You can create a static front page, and then a separate page for all your published posts. You can do that and the first step is to create two pages and then designate them appropriately. (1) All posts on the front page which is also called the home page and is the URL of the site by default.
Categories are best used for broad groupings of topics. For example, if you’re creating a site that reviews media, you might use categories such as Books or Film or TV. Tags are much more specific topics that you want to use to associate related content.
How do I show subcategories on a category page in WordPress?
$this_category = wp_list_categories(‘orderby=id&depth=1&show_count=0&title_li=&use_desc_for_title=1&child_of=’. $this_category->cat_ID.