How do I get the date and time to show on WordPress?
For this tutorial, I’m using the WP Date and Time Shortcode plugin. This plugin allows you to display past, future, and present dates on any of your WordPress posts.
Method 2: The Plugin Approach
- Step 1: Install WP Date and Time Shortcode. …
- Step 2: Remove the Date and Time. …
- Step 3: Add the Shortcode.
How do I display today’s date in WordPress?
Shortcode for Current Date enables you to put current date, current month or current year anywhere in your WordPress site with a simple shortcode. Just use the shortcode [current_date] and when the post or page is displayed, [current_date] will be replaced by the current date.
How do I put the date back on a WordPress post?
Go to any post or blog that you would like to backdate. On the right-hand side where the Publish button is located, you will see a “Publish immediately Edit” option. Click on the “Edit” option. You will now see options to change the month, day, and time it will be published.
How do I add a date and time widget?
Put a clock on your Home screen
- Touch and hold any empty section of a Home screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Widgets.
- Touch and hold a clock widget.
- You’ll see images of your Home screens. Slide the clock to a Home screen.
How do I get the post month and date in WordPress?
Use this: echo date(“d M Y”, strtotime($cpost->post_date)); Here is the full parameter of the date function in PHP: date function Parameters. The format for the date is taken from the WordPress Settings (Settings > General).
What is a WordPress shortcode?
Think of a shortcode as a shortcut to add features to your website that would normally require lots of complicated computer code and technical ability. A shortcode is written inside two square brackets. For example, the shortcode can be used to add a photo gallery of images to any page or post.
How do I add time to my WordPress header?
1# Coding Method To Setup Current Date and Time
- Step 1: Go to your admin dashboard of WordPress and click on the editor and select the theme where you want to enable this features.
- Step 2: Now from the right side column select the header.php theme file. …
- Example screenshot:
Can you backdate blogs?
Set a past or future publish date for an unpublished post
You can publish a new blog post with a publish date in the past, or schedule it to be posted on a future date. New blog posts with a publish date in the past will not trigger blog subscription emails or automated social posts.
How do you backdate a post?
The post will publish immediately.
- From the All Published section of the Content Library, hover over the post you want to backdate.
- Click to open the dropdown menu, then select Change date.
- Select a date and time in the past. …
- Select Backdate.
How do I remove the published date on WordPress?
Removing date from WordPress post is very easy from the admin dashboard.
- Go to the admin dashboard.
- After that, go to Settings > General.
- On the date format section, select Custom and delete whatever is there and click on Save Changes.