How do I get rid of unused codes?
The quickest way to find dead code is to use a good IDE.
- Delete unused code and unneeded files.
- In the case of an unnecessary class, Inline Class or Collapse Hierarchy can be applied if a subclass or superclass is used.
- To remove unneeded parameters, use Remove Parameter.
How to remove unused CSS
- Install Asset CleanUp. Go to plugin then Add new. …
- Go to plugin settings. To access plugin settings, from WordPress dasboard click on settings then click on Asset CleanUp.
- Unload unwanted CSS and JS. …
- Asset CleanUp: Page Speed Booster. …
- WP Rocket. …
- Perfmatters. …
- CSS JS Manager.
How do I remove a WordPress script?
Using a Plugin
Head Cleaner is plugin for removing scripts and CSS from your WordPress header and footer. Simply download the plugin, go to Settings > Head Cleaner, and select the scripts you don’t need output.
How do I manually remove unused CSS?
How to remove unused CSS manually
- Open Chrome DevTools.
- Open the command menu with: cmd + shift + p.
- Type in “Coverage” and click on the “Show Coverage” option.
- Select a CSS file from the Coverage tab which will open the file up in the Sources tab.
Should you remove dead code?
It is safe to remove code that you might need in the future. You can always get it back from version control. … As in previous chapters, remember to remove dead code as a single step; do not conflate it in a version control check-in that also adds functionality.
Should I delete old code?
Just another thing to consider in the decision process. First of all you should always use a source control tool to manage your projects and hence removing unused code is a good practice as you can always go back using source control to get the removed code.
How do I remove custom CSS in WordPress?
If you just want to get rid of the custom CSS option altogether, the easiest route is to simply remove the control from the customizer. Dropping the following code in your theme’s functions. php or a plugin will handle that fine.
How do I disable CSS in WordPress?
There are very simple way to disable specific plugin’s stylesheet.
- Step1: Open plugin file and look for code starting with wp_enqueue_style ( $handle, $src, $deps, $ver, $media );. Look for handle name. …
- Step2: Open functions.php file and enter below code: add_action( ‘wp_print_styles’, ‘deregister_my_styles’, 100 );
The most convenient and easy way to do it is using Coverage Tab in Chrome DevTools. To open Chrome DevTools, press Ctrl + Shift + I or click the right mouse button and choose Inspect. Next, click settings icon > More tools > Coverage.
How do I enqueue a script in WordPress?
To enqueue scripts and styles in the front-end you’ll need to use the wp_enqueue_scripts hook. Within the hooked function you can use the wp_register_script() , wp_enqueue_script() , wp_register_style() and wp_enqueue_style() functions.
How do I dequeue a script in WordPress?
To be able to dequeue the scripts and styles you first need to know the handle used in WordPress which is assigned to a file to do this you need to look inside the wp_styles() object and the wp_scripts() object to discover what has been registered and what has been queued.
How do I get rid of unused CSS in WordPress?
How to use the purified CSS code on your WordPress website
- Upload purified stylesheet. …
- Remove existing stylesheets. …
- Make sure all styles have been removed. …
- Remove inline styles if any exists. …
- Enqueue the purified CSS. …
- Test your changes thoroughly! …
- Adjust purified CSS code.