To remove dates from post URLs, simply make a backup, change the permalink structure in your WordPress settings, and create redirects to ensure that users get to your new URLs without issue.
How do I remove the date from my blog post URL?
If you prefer your blog to be “timeless,” you can simply edit the settings in your dashboard.
- Sign in to your Blogspot dashboard. …
- Click on “Design” then click on “Page Elements.”
- Click on “Edit” beneath “Blog Posts.”
- Move down to the “Post Page Options” box.
- Click on the box next to the blog post date stamp.
How do you remove the date from a website?
Removing Date from WordPress URLs
After that, you need to visit the Settings » Permalinks page and choose ‘Name’ as your permalink option. Don’t forget to click on the ‘Save Changes’ button to store your changes. WordPress will now remove the date from your WordPress URLs and start using the name-based URL structure.
How do I change my WordPress URL 2020?
Click on the post to open the post editor.
- On the right-hand side, in the sidebar, you’ll see ‘Permalink’
- Click to unfold.
- Change the slug under ‘URL slug’
- Make sure to click update if you’re happy with your new slug.
How do I remove the date from an image URL in WordPress?
To remove dates from your Media files uploads in WordPress, go to your WordPress Dashboard, then go to Settings > Media, and uncheck the box next to “Organize my uploads into month- and year-based folders”. This option is checked by default on new WordPress installs. Remember to hit Save Changes.
How to change the permalink structure in WordPress
- Log in to your WordPress website. …
- Click on ‘Settings’. …
- Click on ‘Permalinks’. …
- Select ‘Post name’.
- Click ‘Save changes’.
- Use this tool to generate the correct code.
- Add the code you generated in the previous step to your site’s .
From your WordPress dashboard, go to: Extra > Theme Options > Layout > Single Post Layout. There you’ll find a “Show Author Box” option. Just toggle it to “Disable”.
How to enable or disable author archive pages
- Log in to your WordPress website. When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’.
- Click on ‘SEO’ in the sidebar. …
- Click on ‘Search Appearance’. …
- Click on the ‘Archives’ tab.
- Toggle the ‘Author archives’ switch to match your site setup. …
- Click ‘Save Changes’.
You can disable the author archives easily using the All in One SEO plugin. Once you install and activate the plugin, go to All in One SEO » Search Appearance in your dashboard and then click the ‘Archives’ tab. Now you can see the author archive settings.
How do you change a URL?
Hover over the page you want to update and click Edit.
- Navigate to the Settings tab.
- If the page has already been published, click the edit edit icon next to Page URL. …
- To change the domain of your page, click the Domain dropdown menu and select a domain.
You can fix broken permalinks in WordPress by resetting the permalink settings, replacing . htaccess file with default code, and sorting all conflicting plugins. The broken permalink issue, or the “404 error,” is one of the most common issues on a WordPress site.