With our themes installed, simply navigate to the Appearance > Theme Options and then click on the General Tab to find the slider options. Once there, simply click the slider to hide or show the category archive title. It’s that simple. Make sure you save your changes so that it displays on the website as well!
Can you delete categories in WordPress?
You can delete WordPress categories in WordPress from the Posts>>Categories. … All you have to do is hover over the WordPress category you want to delete. Then, click on the delete.
How do I turn off archive in WordPress?
How to enable or disable author archive pages
- Log in to your WordPress website. When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’.
- Click on ‘SEO’ in the sidebar. …
- Click on ‘Search Appearance’. …
- Click on the ‘Archives’ tab.
- Toggle the ‘Author archives’ switch to match your site setup. …
- Click ‘Save Changes’.
How do I get rid of archive categories and meta in WordPress?
In that case, you’ll want to go to WP Admin > Appearance > Widgets and remove the archives and meta widgets.
How do I remove default categories in WordPress?
This is determined by navigating to Settings > Writing and looking for Default Post Category. You can set the default category to a different one of your choosing, and you can even rename “Uncategorized” to something that makes more sense for your site.
How do I turn off categories in WordPress?
How to Hide Category in WordPress?
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Search for ‘Ultimate Category Excluder’, Install and Activate it.
- Go to Settings > Category Excluder.
- Checkmark the categories you want to hide.
- Click on Update.
How do I hide categories in WordPress?
Go to Settings and click, “Category Excluder.” In this screen, you can choose which categories you want to show. You also have the option to exclude categories from feeds, archives and the search function of WordPress.
How do I turn off archives?
Use the EAC to disable an archive mailbox
- Go to Recipients > Mailboxes.
- Select a mailbox.
- In the details pane, under In-Place Archive, click Disable. Note: You can also bulk-disable archives by selecting multiple mailboxes (use the Shift or Ctrl keys).
How do I remove the archive from WordPress titles?
In our wordpress dashboard, i went to Yoast SEO > Search Appearance > Taxonomies and removed ‘Archives’ from Categories, Tags, Product Categories and Product Tags. And I cleared the cache.
Why does my WordPress page say archive?
Now as a refresher, an archive page in WordPress is referring to a collection of posts grouped by category, author, date, tag, etc. In this tutorial, we will now add an archive. php page to our theme so that we can customize the look of various archive types on our site.
How do I remove the Sidebar in WordPress?
How to Remove Sidebar in WordPress
- Log into your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets on the left side of your dashboard.
- Find the Sidebar area.
- Expand the widget section by clicking the down arrow.
- Then, click Delete.
- Repeat these steps until you’ve deleted all the widgets under the Sidebar area.
How do I turn off meta in WordPress?
When you get to the Widgets page, look on the right side for your ‘Right Sidebar’. You’ll see the ‘meta’ widget located there. Just click the little down arrow, which opens up that widget. You’ll see the word ‘Delete‘ at the bottom; click that, and voila!
How do I change the default category in WordPress?
How to Change WordPress Default Category?
- Go to dashboard.
- Head over to Posts and then Categories.
- Add a new category that you would like to make your default category.
- Select Writing from Settings on the left-hand side menu.
- Set the Default Post Category from “Uncategorized” to the new category you have added.
What does uncategorized mean in WordPress?
By default, WordPress includes a default category for its posts. This default category, Uncategorized, is used as a fallback category, created to help the webmaster order their content. However, ‘Uncategorized’ is a bit of an eye-sore and is best replaced by something more relevant to the brand and website.