How do I turn on debug mode in WordPress?
To enable debugging mode, add the following line to the wp-config. php file: define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true); When this setting is enabled, WordPress displays all PHP errors, notices, and warnings.
How do I debug a WordPress error?
In the file manager, navigate to your wp-content folder. Within there, look for and edit the debug. log file. At the bottom of your file, you should see your error message.
How do I find my WordPress debug log?
Reviewing Your WordPress Error Logs
Once connected, go to /wp-content/ folder and inside it your will find a file called debug. log. You can download, view, or edit this file. It will contain all WordPress errors, warnings, and notices that were logged.
How do I trigger debug mode?
Set a breakpoint and start the debugger
- To debug, you need to start your app with the debugger attached to the app process. …
- Press F5 (Debug > Start Debugging) or the Start Debugging button. …
- To start your app with the debugger attached, press F11 (Debug > Step Into).
What does debugging in WordPress mean?
How do I enable errors in WordPress?
As is often the case with WordPress, you have two routes to enable error logging with WordPress debug mode: Manually. With a plugin.
How to set up a WordPress error log
- Step 1: Access and edit the wp-config. php file. …
- Step 2: Add a line of code in the wp-config. php file to turn on debug mode. …
- Step 3: But wait!
Where do I find the error log?
Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools. Double-click Event Viewer. Select the type of logs that you wish to review (ex: Windows Logs)
How do I track user activity in WordPress?
To track the logged in users on your site, you need to go to the WP Activity Log » Logged In Users page. From here you will see all the users who are logged into your site. You can view all the activity of a certain user, or force someone to log out by clicking on the Terminate Session button.
How do I debug?
Here’s the debugging process:
- Reproduce the problem.
- Describe the bug. Try to get as much input from the user to get the exact reason.
- Capture the program snapshot when the bug appears. …
- Analyse the snapshot based on the state and action. …
- Fix the existing bug, but also check that any new bug does not occur.
How do you debug properly?
7 Steps to Debug Efficiently and Effectively
- 1) Always Reproduce the Bug Before You Start Changing Code.
- 2) Understand Stack Traces.
- 3) Write a Test Case that Reproduces the Bug.
- 4) Know Your Error Codes.
- 5) Google! Bing! Duck! Duck! Go!
- 6) Pair Program Your Way Out of It.
- 7) Celebrate Your Fix.
What are the debugging techniques?
- Incremental and bottom-up program development. …
- Instrument program to log information. …
- Instrument program with assertions. …
- Use debuggers. …
- Backtracking. …
- Binary search. …
- Problem simplification. …
- A scientific method: form hypotheses.