Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance » Theme Editor. Now click the Theme Header (header. php) file on the right-hand side below the Theme Files section. Paste the tracking code you just copied from your Analytics profile before the closing tag.
How do I manually install Google Analytics?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics. …
- Set up a property in your Analytics account. …
- Set up a reporting view in your property. …
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How do I add Google Analytics to WordPress 2021?
How to Add Google Analytics to a WordPress Website Without Plugin
- Step 1: Sign up for a Google Analytics account (FREE)
- Step 2: Choose the type of property such as web or app.
- Step 3: Enter the details of your property.
- Step 4: Get the tracking code from the Google Analytics dashboard.
How do I add Google Analytics to my free WordPress blog?
Adding Google Analytics to a WordPress.com site or blog is available as a feature of the WordPress.com Premium, Business, and eCommerce plans. Visit My Sites → Tools → Marketing → Traffic to enable Google Analytics.
Can I use Google Analytics without WordPress?
You can also take a look at the written steps to learn how to set up Google Analytics without a plugin in WordPress. Log into your Google Analytics account and select the website for which you need the tracking code. Click on Admin in the left taskbar. In the property column, click Tracking Info and then Tracking Code.
How do you test if Google Analytics is working?
Just to go Insights » Reports and click on the Real-Time tab. Now, if you see there are active users on your site, then it means Google Analytics is tracking your visitors.
Where do I put Google Analytics tracking code?
As per Google Analytics’ instructions, your tracking code should always be placed just after the opening of the tag of the website.
How do I activate Google Analytics for my website?
Add Analytics tracking
- On a computer, open a classic Google Sites.
- Click Settings. Manage site.
- Under “Statistics,” click the Down arrow. Use Universal Analytics.
- In the text box, under “Analytics Web Property ID,” enter a valid Analytics Property ID. …
- At the top, click Save.
Where do I find my Google Analytics code 2021?
Find your Tracking ID and global site tag
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
How does WooCommerce integrate with Google Analytics?
Configure the plugin by going to WooCommerce > Settings > Integrations. You will see ‘Google Analytics’ listed as an option.
In the VIEW column, Ecommerce Settings.
- Set Enable Ecommerce to ON.
- Set Enable Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting to ON.
- Click Save.
Does WordPress have built in analytics?
WordPress doesn’t come with built-in analytics, so you’ll need to install Google Analytics on your WordPress site. But that can be tricky, especially for beginners. An easier way of connecting Google Analytics with WordPress is through a plugin like MonsterInsights.
How do I add GTAG to WordPress?
Apply the Google Tracking Code into the WordPress theme’s header
- Log into the WordPress Administrator.
- Click on Appearance and then click on Editor.
- A typical WordPress theme will have a Theme Header (header. php). …
- Paste the Global Site Tag (gtag. …
- Click on Update File in order to save the code changes.