How do I install Google Tag Manager code in WordPress?
Adding Tag Manager Code in WordPress
If you do not wish to install a plugin, then you can also add the Google Tag Manager code in your WordPress theme or Child theme. Simply edit the header. php template and paste the code right after tag.
How do I install the Google Tag Manager container?
Add a new container to an existing account
- In Tag Manager, click Accounts. next to the relevant account name.
- Choose Create Container.
- Enter a descriptive container name and select the type of content: Web, AMP, Android, or iOS. …
- Click Create.
- Review the Terms of Service and click Yes if you agree to those terms.
How do I add Google Tag Manager to my WordPress site without plugins?
How to Set Up Google Tag Manager in WordPress Without a Plugin
- Step 1: Set Up Your Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager accounts. First, we recommend settings up a Google Analytics account if you do not already have one. …
- Step 2: Add Code Snippets to Your WordPress Site. …
- Step 3: Test to Make Sure It’s Working Correctly.
What is the difference between Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics?
What is Google Tag Manager used for?
Google Tag Manager is a tag management system (TMS) that allows you to quickly and easily update measurement codes and related code fragments collectively known as tags on your website or mobile app.
How do I enable Google Tag Manager?
How to Set Up Google Tag Manager
- Follow the coding instructions. …
- Configure your tag. …
- Choose a tag type. …
- Link your tag to Google Analytics tracking. …
- Choose a trigger to determine when the tag is recorded. …
- Save your tag. …
- Activate your tag by pressing “Submit.”
How do I know if I have Google Tag Manager installed?
Use Google Tag Assistant
- Download Google Tag Assistant here (this is for Chrome)
- Once installed, visit your website and click the icon to enable recording of data.
- View the tag assistant which will show you each Google tag you have installed on your site along with the status of each (green, blue, red).
How do I test Google Tag Manager?
How do I know if Google Tag Manager is working?
- Check the source code of the website by right-clicking on any of the web pages and selecting ‘View page source’ then find the GTM container code, if it is present that means Google Tag Manager is working.
- Use Google Tag manager’s preview and debug mode.
What is my Google Tag Manager ID?
Log in to your Google Tag Manager account and open a container. In the top right corner (next to the Submit and Preview buttons) you’ll see some short text that starts with GTM- and then contains some letters/numbers. That’s your Google Tag Manager ID.
Is Google Tag Manager a plugin?
Main features of the plugin
Add Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce or Classic Ecommerce data to the dataLayer to implement measurement in Google Tag Manager easily.
How do I get rid of Google Tag Manager?
To delete an account:
- Click Admin Account Settings.
- Click More Settings and select Delete.
Where is Google Tag Manager on WordPress?
Step 2: Adding Google Tag Manager Code to WordPress
Upon activation, go to Settings » Insert Headers and Footers page. Now you can see two boxes for adding header and footer code. Go back to your Google Tag Manager account and copy the code in the first box. Paste the code into the ‘Scripts in Header’ box.