How to change my website’s menu navigation in WordPress
- To create or edit a navigation menu on your site, go to Appearance > Customize.
- This will open the customizer. …
- To create a new menu, click on Add a Menu.
- And then type a name for your new menu (this can be anything but should reflect the menus used or location).
How to Disable Top Level Menu Link in WordPress
- Login to the WordPress Admin.
- Click on Appearance, then click on Menus.
- In order to create a top level menu item that doesn’t jump to a page, create a menu item by clicking on Custom links.
- Add text to the URL and link text fields. …
- Click on Add to Menu.
The steps to make changes to your WordPress main navigation menu are:
- Navigate to “Appearance”, and then “Menus” underneath Appearance in your WordPress dashboard. …
- Select the main menu from the list of menus, and click ‘Select’ so that the menu that we’re editing is the correct one.
How do I change the header in WordPress?
Edit header options for my WordPress site
- Sign in to WordPress.
- In the left-hand menu, select Appearance > Customize.
- Select Site Identity or Header > Site Identity. You will see options to edit the logo, site title, tagline, and site icon.
- Select Publish to apply the changes.
How do I hide the header in WordPress?
Click on the little ‘settings’ icon located at the bottom left corner of the page. Then toggle the hide title box to remove the title from the post or page. This same approach can be used to hide post or page title on your WordPress site.
Step 1: Navigate to Appearance -> Menu. Step 2: Click the drop-down arrow next to the menu item you wish to delete. Step 3: Click Remove to delete the menu item. Step 4: When you are finished, click Save Menu.
How do I hide an entire page in WordPress?
Simply edit the post or page that you want to protect. Under the Document setting in your WordPress editor, click on the link next to the ‘Visibility’ option. This will show the visibility options available in WordPress. You can keep a post/page public, make it private, or password protect it.
Locate the page you want to remove in the menu. Click on the triangle to the right of the page name. Click the “Remove” link at the bottom left of the box that opens below the page title bar.