Login to your WordPress website. Navigate to Appearance>Widgets. Find the Recent Posts widget, then drag and drop it in the desired widget area. Once added, you can add a title, set the number of posts to show and more.
How do I get WordPress to show posts by date?
- Use Latest Posts Block. The latest posts block displays your most recent posts. …
- Add a String to Your URLs. Find the URL of the posts you wish to display chronologically. …
- Use a Shortcode. …
- Alter the Publish Date. …
- Create a Book-Like Structure.
How do I add latest news in WordPress?
To add a news item:
- Navigate to News > Add News Item.
- Add your content to the WordPress editor as you would a normal post or page.
- You can also add and select a category and/or tag(s) for the news item if you wish.
- Click Publish to save your news post.
How do I call a post date in WordPress?
WordPress gives you four functions to output the date and/or time. These are: the_date() : By default, it will echo the date of the post in the format F j, Y , so if the post was published on 20 November 2018, it would echo November 20, 2018. get_the_date() : This fetches the date and doesn’t echo it out.
How do I get the current date and time in my WordPress header?
Method 1: Using a Specific Theme
Let’s find out if your theme supports showing the date. Click on Appearance and select the Customize option. When the WordPress customizer appears, you’ll see a variety of options on the left side. The customizer allows users to change the look of a theme in most cases.
How do I show posts from a specific category on a page in WordPress?
Now, if you want to display all your posts from a specific category on a separate page, WordPress already takes care of this for you. To find the category page, you simply need to go to Posts » Categories » View page and click on the ‘View’ link below a category.
How do you call a post on WordPress?
query_posts() is a way to alter the main query that WordPress uses to display posts. It does this by putting the main query to one side, and replacing it with a new query. To clean up after a call to query_posts, make a call to wp_reset_query(), and the original main query will be restored.
How do I get my blog posts to appear on homepage?
If you want your posts to show up on the home page and WordPress isn’t already doing this for you, here’s how you do it. In the WordPress admin, go to Settings > Reading. Find the section called Your homepage displays and select the Your latest posts option. Click the Save Changes button and go back to your home page.
How do I customize the recent post widget in WordPress?
How to Add the Recent Posts Widget
- In your dashboard, click on Appearance → Customize → Widgets.
- Choose the location where you’d like to place the widget on your site. …
- Click either of the + block inserter buttons (see right) to see a list of all the available blocks and widgets.
How do I manage news in WordPress?
To add a new post click on Add New Item under the News menu. Type in the title of the news post and the fill in the content, select the category and set a featured image if required. Once done, just as you would for any other type of normal post click on Publish. The plugin is compatible with the new Gutenberg editor.
How do I find a post shortcode in WordPress?
Find a shortcode in WordPress theme
- Log in to the WordPress Dashboard with your login details.
- Drag and drop a text widget to your sidebar.
- Make a small code modification in the functions. …
- At the end of the file, paste Add_filter (“widget_text”, “do_shortcode”);
- Add your short code of choice inside it.
- And Save changes.