How do I turn off page titles in WordPress?
Click on the little ‘settings’ icon located at the bottom left corner of the page. Then toggle the hide title box to remove the title from the post or page. This same approach can be used to hide post or page title on your WordPress site.
How do I add a title in WordPress?
To modify the title tag of your index page, log in to the WordPress admin area and go to Settings > General. On this page, edit the Site Title field and save the changes. By default WordPress doesn’t allow you to have a custom title for each post or page you create – just for your home page.
If you’re not on the most recent version of WordPress, you’ll just see Search Exclude in the right sidebar.
- Next, scroll down until you see an option that says “Search Exclude.”
- Click on that box and check the box to exclude that page from all on-site search results.
- And that’s it!
How do I hide page titles in Oceanwp?
If you want to remove the page header from ALL pages, posts and archives on the site you can do so via the Customizer at Appearance > Customize > General Options > Page Title and set the style to “Hidden“.
How do you add a page title?
The <title> tag defines the title of the document. The title must be text-only, and it is shown in the browser’s title bar or in the page’s tab.
The <title> element:
- defines a title in the browser toolbar.
- provides a title for the page when it is added to favorites.
- displays a title for the page in search-engine results.
What is the title tag in WordPress?
The title tag is an HTML element consisting of the web page’s title. This is not the same as the header that appears for the page content. Rather, this element is what shows up as the title in search engine results. Searchers then click this title to get to the page.
How do I change the title of a page?
Change the Web Page Title
- Open the Web site with the Web page you want to change.
- If necessary, click the View menu, and then click Folder List to display the Folder List.
- In the Folder List, right-click the page you want to change, and then click Properties. …
- Type a new name for the title.
- Click OK.