Once the plugin is activated, you need to go to the Tools » WP Reset in your WordPress dashboard and scroll down to the Site Reset section of the page. To reset your site, you need to type the word ‘reset’ in the confirmation field before clicking the red ‘Reset Site’ button.
How do I wipe my WordPress site and start over?
Reset WordPress With A Plugin
- Go to Tools > WP Reset. Scroll down to the Site Reset section.
- Type “’reset” in the Confirmation field. …
- A popup message will appear asking you to confirm that you want to reset your site. …
- Click the Tools tab. …
- Click the Delete all themes button. …
- Now click the Delete plugins button.
How do I delete my old WordPress site?
Step 1 – Visit your site’s settings page by clicking on My Site (s) → Settings.
- Step 2 – Scroll to the bottom of the General tab, and select Delete your site permanently. …
- Step 3 – On the following screen, you will first be presented with the option to export your content.
How do I completely change my WordPress site?
How to Change Your WordPress Theme
- Step 1: Back up Your Site. Before you do anything else, make sure you have a full site backup in place. …
- Step 2: Navigate to Your WordPress Themes Section. Now you’re ready to change your theme. …
- Step 3: Install Your WordPress Theme. …
- Step 4: Activate Your New WordPress Theme.
How do you restart a website?
Restart a Particular Website
- Click Domains menu under the General section.
- In the table view listing select the required website and click the Properties button.
- The website properties page will be displayed.
- Under the Domain Properties section, find the Start Website link.
- Click this link to start/stop the website.
Does reinstalling WordPress delete everything?
Reinstalling WordPress does not mean going back to square one. All of your contents, themes, plugins, etc. can be saved and restored once you have successfully installed the latest version of WordPress.
How do I permanently delete a website?
Delete or restore your site
- On a computer, open new Google Sites.
- On the site you want to delete, click More .
- Click Remove .
- To permanently delete your site, empty your Google Drive trash.
How do I disable a WordPress site?
Disabling your site if you’re using WordPress
- Login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Click Plugins in the left-hand-column.
- Click Add New at the top of the screen.
- In the “Search Plugins” box, type Maintenance and press enter.
- Make sure you’ve found the plugin called simply “Maintenance”, by author “WebFactory Ltd”
How do I delete web history?
Clear your history
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More. History. …
- Tap Clear browsing data.
- Next to “Time range,” select how much history you want to delete. To clear everything, tap All time.
- Check “Browsing history.” …
- Tap Clear data.
How do I delete data from WordPress?
Steps to Delete Content from WordPress Website
- First, log in to WordPress Dashboard (Administration panel). …
- Here you need to install WordPress Reset plugin. …
- Now navigate to Tools tab and locate Reset option. …
- You need to type in reset in the required field and click on Reset button.
Will changing WordPress theme affect content?
Your WordPress posts and pages will be unaffected by the theme switch. However, depending on how your old themes displayed posts, images, attachments, and pages, they might look a little different on your new theme. All your media uploads will be unaffected by the theme switch.
How do I edit my WordPress site without going live?
So the best way to test a new WordPress theme without impacting your live site is to create a staging site. A staging is a direct copy of your site. You can safely change WordPress theme without going live by activating your new or alternative theme on your staging site.
How do I update a WordPress theme without losing content?
Here’s how to update your theme in WordPress:
- If your theme has no customizations, go to: Appearance > Themes > click “Update Now” on your active theme.
- If your theme features custom code, updating it with the latest versions will overwrite all your customizations. To safely update a customized theme, use a child theme.