What is archive widget WordPress?
The Archive widget is used to organise your previously published posts by month. The archive widgets makes it easy for you and your readers to easily access previous months or years posts. For example, clicking on June 2021 archive link displays all your posts written in that month.
How do I create a custom post type archive page?
There are two ways you can create templates for the archive pages of your custom post type:
- Use only one archive. php file and create template parts for each custom type.
- Provide an archive-CPT_SLUG. php for each custom post type in your site.
How do I use archive Widgets in WordPress?
Click the “Appearance” link and select the “Widgets” option. Locate the Archives widget and drag it into the sidebar area. Enter a title in the “Title” box. By default, the widget will display the month and year on the sidebar.
How do I add more Widgets?
Add a widget
- On a Home screen, touch and hold an empty space.
- Tap Widgets .
- Touch and hold a widget. You’ll get images of your Home screens.
- Slide the widget to where you want it. Lift your finger.
How do I create a custom widget without plugin in WordPress?
Register the new WordPress custom widget using add_action() function. Copy and paste the entire code to the bottom of functions. php file and click Update File. Go to the Widgets menu and move the widget to the desired place.