Can you create anchors in WordPress?
Creating anchor links in the new WordPress block editor is pretty straightforward. You only need to do 2 things for your anchor links to work: Create a link with the # sign right before the anchor text. Add the ID attribute to the text where you want the user to jump to.
Link to your Page Jump
- Type some text, or add an image or button that will become what you want your visitors to click on to go to another section.
- Highlight the text or image/button, and select the link option from the block’s toolbar.
- Type in the HTML Anchor you created, starting with the pound (#) symbol.
How do I manually add an anchor in WordPress?
If you are still using the older classic editor for WordPress, then here is how you can add the anchor link / jump link.
- Create the anchor link. First, select the text that you want to change into the anchor link and then click on the ‘Insert Link’ button. …
- Add the ID attribute to the linked section.
Here’s how to add jump links to your content, step-by-step.
- Give the object or text you’d like to link to a name. …
- Take the name you’ve chosen and insert it into an opening HTML anchor link tag. …
- Place that complete opening tag from above before the text or object you want to link to, and add a closing tag after.
How to Link Menu to Sections in Elementor
- Create an anchor on the page by using the Menu Anchor Widget, or by CSS ID. ( See example resources)
- In the WordPress menu options, create a custom link.
- Name your link in the Navigation Label.
- Save your Menu.
Link to the anchor from another web page¶
You can link to your anchor link from other websites, as well. For that, add the URL followed by # and the anchor value.