In the Customizer, Menus -> Create New Menu. Give the new menu a name and select as menu location: Top Bar Left Menu or Top Bar Right Menu. Click Next and begin adding items to the secondary menu you have just created. Congratulations!
How to Create Subcategories in WordPress (In 3 Steps)
- Step 1: Start Editing a Post & Select the Categories Tab. To get started, navigate to the WordPress post that you want to add to a new subcategory. …
- Step 2: Click on the Add New Category Link. …
- Step 3: Select a Parent Category for Your WordPress Subcategory.
A Primary Menu is the main menu selected as primary menu in the WordPress Menu Editor. A WordPress theme may support single or multiple navigational menus at different locations in theme. These menus can be edited using the built in WordPress Menu Editor located at Appearance » Menu.
Defining a Menu
- Login to the WordPress Dashboard.
- From the ‘Appearance’ menu on the left-hand side of the Dashboard, select the ‘Menus’ option to bring up the Menu Editor.
- Select Create a new menu at the top of the page.
- Enter a name for your new menu in the Menu Name box.
- Click the Create Menu button.
How to Make a Restaurant Menu
- Write Out all Menu Items. Before you dive into design, you have to learn to write a restaurant menu. …
- Categorize Menu Items. …
- Set Menu Prices. …
- Create Menu Descriptions. …
- Decide on a Menu Color Scheme. …
- Design Your Restaurant Menu. …
- Restaurant Menu Photos. …
- Choose Menu Fonts, Spacing, and Composition.
How do I show all the categories on a WordPress page?
In order to display that page, you just need to do some simple steps:
- Go to Posts → Categories.
- Navigate to Categories, then click View under your desired category.
How do you add categories in WordPress?
You can easily add a new category in WordPress when writing a post. In the Document panel on the right hand side, open up the Categories tab. Then, you can simply click the ‘Add New Category’ link to create your new category. Once you click the link, two new boxes will appear where you can add your category.
Split menus are created by splitting a menu into two sections. Designers or individual users may place frequently selected items in the top section and infrequently selected items in the bottom section. Split menus should prove useful when a small subset of the menu items represent the majority of selections.
Submenu Design options
- Tap ‘Design’
- Tap ‘Theme’ > Advanced > ‘Site Menu ->’ to expand all options.
- Enable Submenu Background.
- Submenu Background Color.
- Submenu Link Font Style.
To add a selectable menu location option in your admin dashboard under Appearance > Menus you need to do what’s called “register a menu.” All it takes is adding a snippet of code to your functions. php file located in wp-content > themes > your-theme.