Go to Appearance –> Editor. Click on Editor, and you will see a list of theme files on the right-hand side. Select Theme Footer or footer. php, that will display the coding lines next to it.
After creating the custom footer template, go to Appearance > Customize > Footer Widget section and select the footer template created in step 1 from there. Now remove the container and set padding to zero from the same footer widget section. That’s all! Now you can create the footer you want.
In order to change the amount of columns you should navigate to Appearance > Customize section in your WordPress Dashboard. Access the Footer tab and check for the Footer styles. Change the Widget Area Columns option value and save your edits using Save & Publish button.
How to Edit a Footer in WordPress
- Log in to the WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Appearance > Customize.
- Look to see if you have a Footer option. If you do, select Footer > Bottom Bar. …
- If you have the Copyright Area option. If you do, you can make changes to this footer as well.
Removing or renaming the theme name in footer can be achieved directly from the WordPress customization tool.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Customize.
- Click on Footer then Bottom Bar.
- Here you can disable the footer or change it in the edit footer credit.
Which is better Astra or OceanWP?
OceanWP lets you customise more areas of your design and gives you a higher number of settings to change. Astra falls short in comparison. It’s difficult to pick a clear winner between Astra and OceanWP when it comes to design. The quality of designs on offer with Astra is slightly better.
Footer callout are useful for promoting specific service and product on your site, such as a Flash Sale. You can easily set the title, description, button text and link. You can manage all settings from the Appearance Theme.
Add a standard or customized header or footer
- Go to Insert > Header or Footer.
- Choose from a list of standard headers or footers, go to the list of Header or Footer options, and select the header or footer that you want. …
- When you’re done, select Close Header and Footer or press Esc.
Edit header options for my WordPress site
- Sign in to WordPress.
- In the left-hand menu, select Appearance > Customize.
- Select Site Identity or Header > Site Identity. You will see options to edit the logo, site title, tagline, and site icon.
- Select Publish to apply the changes.