How do I change the meta description in WordPress?
How to Change a WordPress Meta Description
- Launch your browser and log into your blog at WordPress.com.
- Click the “Settings” icon on the Dashboard panel to the left.
- Click the “General” menu item.
- Type your new description into the input box labeled “Tagline.”
- Click the “Save Changes” button to save your new Tagline.
How do I change the meta description in WordPress without Plugin?
How to add meta tags to WordPress website without plugins
- Step 1: Go to wp-content/themes folder, and browse the theme folder which currently being used.
- Step 2: Find and open the file named functions. php .
- Step 3: Add the following code to the functions. php file.
- Step 4: Update the functions.
What is the meta section in WordPress?
In WordPress, metadata is information about your posts, pages, users, comments, and other items on your site. For example, a post’s metadata would include information like the author, the publish date, the category and tags, and more.
What is the use of meta keywords?
Meta tags are used “behind the scenes” of a website page to communicate information about that page to search engine crawlers. The Meta Keyword tag is used — or more accurately, was used — to let Google and other search engines know which keywords were most relevant to the content of a given web page.
How do I write meta keywords?
Guidelines for Using Meta Keywords Tags
- Keep your list of keywords or keyword phrases down to ten or fifteen unique keywords or phrases.
- Separate the words or phrases using a comma.
- Do not repeat the words or phrases which you use.
- Place your most important words or phrases at the beginning of your list.
What is meta tag example?
Meta tags provide information about the webpage in the HTML of the document. This information is called “metadata” and while it is not displayed on the page itself, it can be read by search engines and web crawlers. … Example of meta tags include the
How do I automatically add meta description in WordPress?
Auto Generate meta description in Yoast and all in one SEO plugin. Move the cursor of your mouse to the Yoast plugin menu and navigate to title and meta page. Now click on post types tab and enter %%excerpt%% in meta description template box for posts and pages. Scroll down and hit the save button.
How do I add a custom meta field in WordPress without Plugin?
Step 1: Go to add a new post or edit a post, then click on Screen Options.
- The Edit Post screen in WordPress.
- Check the box “Custom Fields”
- The Custom Fields area.
- An example of saving the information about a product in custom fields.
- Add extra data into a custom field.
- Homepage after adding custom fields.
How to Add Meta Tags in WordPress Using a Plugin
- First, log into your WordPress dashboard.
- Click Plugins > Add New.
- Search for “Meta Tag Manager.” When the search result appears, click Install Now and Activate.
- You’ll be automatically redirected to the tab containing all installed plugins on your site.
What is a SEO plugin?
SEO plugins are extension modules for content management systems, browsers, and software solutions. An SEO plugin expands the scope of the source software with special tasks and functions which affect search engine optimization, web analysis, online marketing, and other aspects.
You can find it by searching for “Yoast SEO” in your dashboard under the Plugins page. The plugin will need to be activated after it has been installed. There’s both a free and a premium version, but the free version will be sufficient for adding meta tags.
How do I add a meta tag to the head section in WordPress?
From your WordPress admin dashboard click on Appearance > Theme Editor.
- You want to locate the Theme Header file and open that up. …
- You will enter meta tags in the head tag of the header. …
- Once the plugin has been installed and activated, you have a few options.