How do I upload demo content to WordPress?
How to Import the Demo Content
- Log into your site as an administrator.
- Make sure you activated your new theme before proceeding.
- Go to Tools → Import.
- Choose “WordPress” from the list.
- Upload the demo content . …
- You will be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog.
How do I change content in WordPress?
How to edit current content:
- Click on Post > All Posts.
- Find the Post you would like to edit and either click on the title or ‘Edit’ (which appears when the title is hovered over with a mouse)
- Make the changes you desire.
How do I delete demo content?
This method simply involves manually removing the demo content items. For example, you would need to go to your “Pages” section and select all pages and delete them. Repeat this process for all areas that contain data. You can use this method if you’ve already created pages and posts and don’t want to reset your site.
How do I remove OceanWP demo?
Since Ocean demos are not individual themes but pre-built layouts for the OceanWP theme, you can’t “uninstall” demos in a traditional way (like you would do with a WordPress theme).
Why I Cannot import demo data WordPress?
If you cannot import the demo data because it never completes the import process or you receive an error it could be because one of the following reasons: Your PHP memory, file upload size, and/or execution limits are set too low. … php, please change this to false while importing the demo data.
How do I import data into WordPress theme?
Theme unit test data
- Download the theme unit test data.
- Go to Tools > Import > WordPress in order to import test data onto your WordPress website.
- Choose a xml file for content import on your computer.
- “Upload and import”.
- Check the “Download and import file attachments” box and click Submit.
How do I change content on my website?
How to edit a website using developer tools
- Open any web page with Chrome and hover your mouse over the object you want to edit (ie: text, buttons, or images).
- Right-click the object and choose “Inspect” from the context menu. …
- Double-click the selected object and it will switch to edit mode.
How do I customize a post in WordPress?
How To Create A Dedicated Posts Page (In 3 Easy Steps)
- Step 1: Create Your Pages. To get started, navigate to Pages > Add New. …
- Step 2: Adjust Your Home Page Settings. Next, you’ll want to tell WordPress what your home page should be. …
- Step 3: Add Your Pages To a Menu.
Why can’t I edit my homepage in WordPress?
You have to create and publish the welcome page and then set that as your “static front page” at settings > reading. If you want a blog page showing posts as well, you also have to create a blog page and publish it, and then set it as the “posts” page at settings > reading.
How do I remove imported content from WordPress?
Method 2: WP Reset Plugin
- Step 1 – Download and install the WP Reset Plugin.
- Step 2 – After installing the WP Reset Plugin, go to your WordPress plugins page and activate the plugin.
- Step 3 – Navigate to Tools > WP Reset, and at the very bottom, you’ll find the ‘Site Reset’ option.
How do I delete a WordPress import?
Navigate to the plugins menu. Locate the WP Site Importer plugin. Click on the deactivate link. Finally, click on the delete link.