First, go to Search Appearance » Global Settings in your WordPress admin. Then, scroll down to the Home Page section. On this screen, you can easily enter a meta description and keywords, just like you would for a post or page. All in One SEO will use your tagline as your meta description by default.
How do I add a meta description to my homepage?
How to write a great meta description
- Stick to your brand voice and tone, but also keep it conversational.
- Include your primary keyword if you can do so naturally.
- Make sure you convey value to the reader.
- Include a call-to-action, i.e. “Learn more here.”
- Write in active voice.
How do I add meta title and description in WordPress without Plugin?
How to add meta tags to WordPress website without plugins
- Step 1: Go to wp-content/themes folder, and browse the theme folder which currently being used.
- Step 2: Find and open the file named functions. php .
- Step 3: Add the following code to the functions. php file.
- Step 4: Update the functions.
How do I add a title tag and meta description in WordPress?
To add your page titles and meta descriptions, login to the backend of your website. Then navigate to the page you want to add them to and click on Edit Page at the top of the page. Once you are able to edit that page, locate the Yoast SEO meta box and click Edit snippet.
How do I add a custom meta field in WordPress without Plugin?
Step 1: Go to add a new post or edit a post, then click on Screen Options.
- The Edit Post screen in WordPress.
- Check the box “Custom Fields”
- The Custom Fields area.
- An example of saving the information about a product in custom fields.
- Add extra data into a custom field.
- Homepage after adding custom fields.
What is the use of meta keywords?
Meta tags are used “behind the scenes” of a website page to communicate information about that page to search engine crawlers. The Meta Keyword tag is used — or more accurately, was used — to let Google and other search engines know which keywords were most relevant to the content of a given web page.
How do I add a meta tag to my WordPress header?
From your WordPress admin dashboard click on Appearance > Theme Editor.
- You want to locate the Theme Header file and open that up. …
- You will enter meta tags in the head tag of the header. …
- Once the plugin has been installed and activated, you have a few options.
How do I add a meta description?
How to add meta tags to your website
- Meta tags are basic elements of search engine optimization used to describe the page content. …
- To add meta tags to a web page, you need to edit the <head> section of the HTML file. …
- Open the HTML file and locate the <head> section near the top of the file.