1) Install “SideMenu” automatically or by uploading the ZIP file. 2) Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress. 3) Add the SideMenu open button to an existing menu on your site in “Appearance – Menus” or by using a [sidemenu] shortcode in a widget or post.
you can easily switch sidebars to left or right. go to WP Menu ->Appearance -> Customize -> Layouts Options.
To register a sidebar you can choose one of two options: register one sidebar with register_sidebar() or register many at once with register_sidebars() . The functions should be called from a function hooked into widgets_init and it takes a single array of parameters.
Go to Appearance > Widgets in the WordPress Administration Screens. Choose a Widget and either drag it to the sidebar where you wish it to appear, or click the widget, (select a destination sidebar if your theme has more than one) and click the Add Widget button.
How To Set Up a Page With Left Sidebar
- To add a new page Go To Dashboard -> Pages -> Add New and Give it a title.
- In the post editor page, there is a box on the right called “Page Attributes“. From this box, you can select multiple page templates. Select “Page With Left Sidebar” and save the page.
A sidebar in WordPress is referred to a widget-ready area used by WordPress themes to display information that is not a part of the main content. It is not always a vertical column on the side. It can be a horizontal rectangle below or above the content area, footer, header, or any where in the theme.
Open the sidebar (bookmarks or history) and click the Label button with the drop-down arrow. In the drop-down menu that open you will find an item to “Move Sidebar to the Right”.
To move the taskbar from its default position along the bottom edge of the screen to any of the other three edges of the screen:
- Click a blank portion of the taskbar.
- Hold down the primary mouse button, and then drag the mouse pointer to the place on the screen where you want the taskbar.