In your wordpress admin panel, under widgets, you will now see a new section in the sidebar called “Footer”. Now you can add widgets to that space. Drag and drop 3 widgets into this section (if you want a 4-column layout, drag 4 etc.).
Adding a New Footer Link
- Locate where you want to insert the link and press Enter on your keyboard to insert a blank line.
- Type the code for a new link or copy an existing line and change the page name and URL.
- Click Save.
Edit header options for my WordPress site
- Sign in to WordPress.
- In the left-hand menu, select Appearance > Customize.
- Select Site Identity or Header > Site Identity. You will see options to edit the logo, site title, tagline, and site icon.
- Select Publish to apply the changes.
Change footer content in the theme Customizer
Log in to the WordPress Admin Dashboard. Go to Appearance -> Customize. You’ll be taken to the Customizer of the WordPress theme you have installed and activated. Find the section dedicated to the footer.
Add images to a header or footer
- Go to Insert > Header or Footer > Blank (or a simple template).
- Double-click [Type here] in the header or footer area.
- Select Pictures or Online Pictures and then select your picture.
- Select Close Header and Footer or press Esc to exit.
Add an Image or Logo to Footer
- Step 1: Navigate to Footer. …
- Step 2: Create a new HTML block. …
- Step 3: Upload your desired image. …
- Step 4: Copy this code. …
- Step 5: Cut and paste image link into code. …
- Step 6: Save and preview.
Getting Rid of Hyperlinks in Footnotes
- Position the insertion pointer within the body of a footnote. (It doesn’t matter which footnote.)
- Press Ctrl+A. This selects all of the footnotes. …
- Press Ctrl+Shift+F9. This converts the hyperlinks in the selected text (the footnotes) to regular text.
Select the text or picture that you want to display as a hyperlink. Press Ctrl+K. You can also right-click the text or picture and click Link on the shortcut menu. In the Insert Hyperlink box, type or paste your link in the Address box.