Returns true when the main blog page is being displayed and the ‘Settings > Reading ->Front page displays’ is set to “Your latest posts”, or when ‘Settings > Reading ->Front page displays’ is set to “A static page” and the “Front Page” value is the current Page being displayed.
How can I tell if WordPress is my homepage?
When using these query conditionals:
- If ‘posts’ == get_option( ‘show_on_front’ ) : On the site front page: is_front_page() will return true. is_home() will return true. …
- If ‘page’ == get_option( ‘show_on_front’ ) : On the page assigned to display the site front page: is_front_page() will return true.
How do I make my WordPress page front page?
How to Change the Default Home Page in WordPress
- Log in to the administration area of your WordPress site.
- Click on “Settings” in the left sidebar to expand the “Settings” submenu. …
- Click on the radio button labelled “A static page” in the “Front Page Displays” section to set the front page to display a static page.
What is difference between front page and home page?
A front page and a home page is the same thing. It’s the page people see if they click your site’s URL instead of the URL for a specific post/page. Your site is currently set to display latest posts on the front page. … Home Page’ is closed to new replies.
How do I find my WordPress home URL?
We can use home_url() function from WordPress to get the homepage URL, considering the front end is accessible.
What is the front page of blog called?
A static front page, also known as a “splash page” or “custom homepage,” can feature whatever you want. It might include headlines, images, or text blurbs that encourage your audience to further connect with your site. The WordPress.com default is to place your blog on the front page.
How do you set a page as your homepage on Google Chrome?
You can customize Google Chrome to open any page for the homepage or startup page.
Choose your homepage
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More. Settings.
- Under “Advanced,” tap Homepage.
- Choose Chrome’s homepage or a custom page.
How do you set a page as your homepage?
You can control what page appears when you click Home .
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- Under ‘Appearance’, turn on Show Home button.
- Below ‘Show Home button’, choose to use the New Tab page or a custom page.
Why is WordPress so hard?
What makes WordPress seem so complicated at the beginning is the sheer power and flexibility of the Content Management System (CMS). WordPress was designed to allow users to customize it in near limitless ways. It was also designed to support many types of websites.