Go to WP-Admin Dashboard > Settings > 301 Redirects > Enter the old URL under ‘Requests’ and the new URL under ‘Destination’ > Save Changes.
How do I redirect a URL to another WordPress site?
Go to ‘Settings’ in the WordPress admin menu and then click on ‘Website Redirect‘. Enter the URL you want to redirect the site to, set the desired redirection type, set the status to ‘Enabled’ and save your changes!
How to 301 Redirect a Domain on a Windows Server
- Select “A redirection to a URL”,
- In the “Redirect to:” field type in the address of the new domain you want to forward traffic to,
- Select “A permanent redirection for this source”
- Press the “OK” button – you are done!
How do I redirect an old page to a new page in WordPress?
Method one: Use the Redirection WordPress plugin for page-level 301 redirects
- Source URL – enter the original URL that you want to redirect. …
- Query Parameters – leave this as the default.
- Target URL – this is the new URL that you want to take visitors to. …
- Group – this just helps you organize your redirects.
How do I stop WordPress from redirecting my URL?
How to Fix Error Too Many Redirects Issue in WordPress
- Clear Browser Cookies and Cache. A common cause of the error could be your web browser cookies. …
- Deactivate All WordPress Plugins. …
- Fix WordPress URLs. …
- Reset WordPress . …
- Preventing Error Too Many Redirects in WordPress.
How do I automatically redirect a website?
The simplest way to redirect to another URL is to use an HTML <meta> tag with the http-equiv parameter set to “refresh”. The content attribute sets the delay before the browser redirects the user to the new web page. To redirect immediately, set this parameter to “0” seconds for the content attribute.
How do I setup a 301 redirect?
- Go to the WordPress plugin directory and search for “Simple 301 Redirect”
- Click the Install Now button in the plugin’s box.
- Click the Activate button after the plugin has finished installing.
- Click Settings, then click 301 Redirects in the drop-down.
Can I redirect a domain without hosting?
Hi, Depending on your domain registar you can do URL forwarding (URL forwarding is in fact a fancy name for a 301 redirect). In this case you don’t need a hosting account. For example if you host with Godaddy you can easily do that using the control pannel of your domains.
How do I set up a redirect?
How to Create a URL Redirect
- Log into cPanel using the details your host gave you when you first signed up.
- Scroll to the Domains section and click Redirects.
- Choose the type of redirect you want. …
- Choose the domain name you want to redirect from the drop-down box.
How do I permanently fix 301 moved?
How do you fix a 301 error message?
- Check Your Htaccess Files for Errors in URL Linking. …
- Use a Third Party Tool to Check for Any 301 Redirects. …
- Backup Your Website. …
- Check Your Server Logs. …
- Check Your Sitemap. …
- Check Any Custom Code Files. …
- Change any HTTP Response Codes to 200 If You Do Not Want A Redirect.
How do I manage redirect in WordPress?
Once activated, visit Tools » Redirection and then click the ‘Start Setup’ button to set up the plugin. Next, you can select options to monitor permalink changes in WordPress and keep a log of all your redirects and 404 errors. You can simply enable these options and click the ‘Continue Setup’ button.