Adding Google Analytics to a WordPress.com site or blog is available as a feature of the WordPress.com Premium, Business, and eCommerce plans. Visit My Sites → Tools → Marketing → Traffic to enable Google Analytics.
How do I connect Google Analytics to WordPress?
How to Set Up Google Analytics for WordPress
- Sign Up For Google Analytics. The first thing you’re going to need to do is sign up for Google Analytics. …
- Install Your Plugin. Next, you’ll need to actually install your plugin. …
- Authenticate Your Google Account. …
- Select the Profile You Want to Track. …
- Start Tracking.
Should I install Google Analytics for WordPress?
Why is Google Analytics Important for Your WordPress Website? Once you’ve started a WordPress website, you should know how it’s performing. And to get this useful data, you need Google Analytics. It’s a powerful tool that helps you understand how people use your site.
Does WordPress support Google Analytics 4?
So, you’ll need to add the Analytics tag yourself to begin seeing data in your new Google Analytics 4 property. Add your tag to a website builder or CMS-hosted website (for example, WordPress, Shopify, etc.)
How do I add Google Analytics to WordPress 2021?
How to Add Google Analytics to a WordPress Website Without Plugin
- Step 1: Sign up for a Google Analytics account (FREE)
- Step 2: Choose the type of property such as web or app.
- Step 3: Enter the details of your property.
- Step 4: Get the tracking code from the Google Analytics dashboard.
To start collecting basic data from a website:
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics. …
- Set up a property in your Analytics account. …
- Set up a reporting view in your property. …
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How can I tell if Google Analytics is working?
You can also check your tracking code’s status:
- Navigate to the Admin page in Google Analytics. (This will be at the top of the page.)
- Click “Tracking Info”, and it will show the current status.
How do I add Google Analytics tracking code to my website?
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
How do I know if my website has Google Analytics?
For web pages you visit (and don’t own)
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
Add GA4 to WordPress
- Step 1: Go to Your Google Analytics Account. …
- Step 2: Create a New Google Analytics 4 Property. …
- Step 3: Add All Property Details. …
- Step 4: Select “Web” Option. …
- Step 5: Set Up Web Stream. …
- Step 6: Connect Your Existing Analytics Property to GA4. …
- Step 7: Install Tracking Code on Your WordPress Website.
How do I add a GA4 code to my website?
How to Add GA4 Tracking Code to Website without Using Google Tag Manager
- Option One: Connect the Measurement ID to existing UA Property in Universal Analytics.
- Option Two: Add a new ‘Config’ directive in the existing code on the website.
- Option Three: Copy and Paste the GA4 tracking code script IN the section.