To delete a portfolio category, hover over its name in the list and click the “Delete” button. To edit a portfolio category, hover over its name and click the “Edit” button.
What is a WordPress Portfolio category?
Use portfolios to manage and showcase projects on your site. Commonly used by creative professionals, this type of content is a great way to promote your work. An example of a portfolio, using the Orvis theme. Table of Contents.
How do I change portfolio categories in WordPress?
- Log into WordPress administration panel and go to Portfolio section.
- Choose Categories out of a dropdown menu list.
- Fill in all necessary fields like category name and slug.
- Press Add New Category option and a new category will appear in the list on the right:
How do I delete categories in WordPress 2019?
1. To edit or delete a category assigned to a post (whether it’s a draft or has already been published), go to Dashboard → Posts → All Posts in your dashboard, hover over the title and click the Edit link. To delete the post click the Trash link.
What is the difference between a gallery and a portfolio in WordPress?
Portfolio is a custom post type in WordPress just like normal blog posts while gallery is simply images added to your static or posts pages.
Is WordPress good for portfolios?
Conclusion. A good-looking portfolio site on WordPress can open a lot of doors to meeting (and impressing) potential clients. It provides employers with a better idea of your capabilities, and enables you to set yourself apart from the competition.
How many types of portfolio are there?
A showcase portfolio contains products that demonstrate how capable the owner is at any given moment. An assessment portfolio contains products that can be used to assess the owner’s competences. A development portfolio shows how the owner (has) developed and therefore demonstrates growth.
What happens if I delete a category in WordPress?
When a category is deleted, all posts that were only in that category will be assigned to the default category. If a post was also in other categories it will remain untouched. Note: You cannot delete the default category, but you can change the name and URL slug.
How do I turn off categories in WordPress?
How to Hide Category in WordPress?
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Search for ‘Ultimate Category Excluder’, Install and Activate it.
- Go to Settings > Category Excluder.
- Checkmark the categories you want to hide.
- Click on Update.
How do I hide categories in WordPress posts?
Go to Settings and click, “Category Excluder.” In this screen, you can choose which categories you want to show. You also have the option to exclude categories from feeds, archives and the search function of WordPress.