So, in order to access it, all you need to do is log in to your FTP server (for example, via FileZilla). Depending on your host’s setup, you might have to click through to another folder like public_html to get to your site, however, once you are there, that’s exactly where you will find the wp-content directory.
How do I download wp-content?
You can also choose to only export WordPress site media you have uploaded to your Media Library.
- To do this, click My Sites at the top left-hand corner, and go to Tools > Export after logging into your WordPress.com account. …
- Next, click the Download button in the Export media library section.
How do I protect wp-content uploads?
The Protect uploads plugin
- In your WordPress site, install the Protect uploads plugin.
- Go to Media > Protect Uploads.
- The plugin will tell you if your uploads directory is protected:
How do I access my WP includes folder?
To access the theme folder go to wp-content/themes/your-theme-name. This folder contains all of the files that make up your theme. Some key files are index. php, header.
Which is better Google blog or WordPress?
In a nutshell, the Blogger platform is better than WordPress when you are creating a blog for no other reason than you want to write. If you are OK with the limited features offered by the Blogger platform, then this is a great choice. For making money or creating a long term impact, WordPress platform is better.
How do I extract files from WordPress?
Open the folder in which you saved the . zip archive and double-click on the archive in Windows. Click “Extract All Files” in the dialog box that appears and enter a folder name or click “Browse…” to select the folder and location in which you want to store the WordPress files.
How do I download a wp-content folder from cPanel?
From cPanel, click the “File Manager” tool.
- Access your site’s directory from “public_html.”
- Double-click into the “wp–content” folder.
- Select the Uploads folder and click, “Compress.” You can select the folder by clicking it just once.
- Click the “Zip Archive” option at the top.
How do I remove wp-content from URL?
How to hide WP-content/uploads from Your WordPress?
- Open your FTP client.
- Navigate to wp-content/uploads.
- Create a new file and name it “.htaccess” and open it.
- Copy and paste the following code into the file: Order Allow, Deny. Deny from all. Allow from all.
- Save changes.
How do I stop direct file access in my wp-content directory?
- In your Admin, go to menu Plugins > Add.
- Search for „Prevent Direct Access“
- Click to install.
- Activate the plugin.
- Protect your files under the Media Library.