How do I set up Google Analytics on my WordPress site?
How to Set Up Google Analytics for WordPress
- Sign Up For Google Analytics. The first thing you’re going to need to do is sign up for Google Analytics. …
- Install Your Plugin. Next, you’ll need to actually install your plugin. …
- Authenticate Your Google Account. …
- Select the Profile You Want to Track. …
- Start Tracking.
Is there a Google Analytics Plugin for WordPress?
MonsterInsights is the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. It lets you add Google Analytics to your WordPress website without editing code or hiring a developer. Plus, it makes it super easy to find analytics data that matters for business through its WordPress dashboard reports.
How do I know if my website has Google Analytics?
For web pages you visit (and don’t own)
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
How do I put Google Analytics on my website?
Add Analytics tracking
- On a computer, open a classic Google Sites.
- Click Settings. Manage site.
- Under “Statistics,” click the Down arrow. Use Universal Analytics.
- In the text box, under “Analytics Web Property ID,” enter a valid Analytics Property ID. …
- At the top, click Save.
Where do I find Google Analytics in WordPress?
On Your WordPress.com Site
Head to My Sites → Tools → Marketing → Traffic and scroll down until you find the Google Analytics section.
Where is the Google Analytics tracking code?
Find your tracking ID and tag
Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column. Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column. Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your tracking ID and property number are displayed at the top of the page.
Can I use Google Analytics without a plugin?
Adding Google Analytics to your site without a plugin is not as easy as with a plugin. That’s because you’ll have to enter the tracking code in the header of your website. … Any mistake you make while adding the tracking snippet can mess up your analytics or even bring down your entire website.
How do I enable appearance editor in WordPress?
To enable the theme editor, follow these steps: Go to Appearance, select one theme (any one you like) and activate it. In this activated theme, go to Appearance → Editor → select the theme to edit (on the top right, above Templates. There is a drop-down click on it and select your previous theme.)
How do you test if Google Analytics is working?
Just to go Insights » Reports and click on the Real-Time tab. Now, if you see there are active users on your site, then it means Google Analytics is tracking your visitors.
Which plugin is best for Google Analytics WordPress?
In this article, we will share the 5 best Google Analytics Plugins for WordPress.
- Google Analytics by MonsterInsights.
- Google Analytics Dashboard for WP.
- Google Analytics WD.
- WP Statistics.
How do I start Google Analytics Plugin?
To enable Google Analytics tracking on your site, follow these steps:
- Visit the “Plugin Settings” panel.
- Enter your GA Tracking ID.
- Choose either Universal Analytics or Global Site Tag*
- Configure any other plugin settings as desired (optional)
What are Google Analytics plugins?
Plugins are scripts that enhance the functionality of analytics. js to aid in measuring user interaction. Plugins are typically specific to a set of features that may not be required by all Google Analytics users, such as ecommerce or cross-domain measurement, and are therefore not included in analytics.