You can easily set external links to open in a new tab in WordPress. In the Classic Editor, just insert your link and click Link Options to open the advanced insert link popup. Then check the box labeled “Open link in a new tab.”
How to Open Hyperlinks in a New Browser Tab or Window. The short answer is: just add a target=”_blank” attribute to your links (anchor tags). Now when your visitors click that link, it will open in a new window or tab (depending on which web browser they are using and how they configured that browser).
Make Menu Items Open In A New Window
- To enable the option, please login to your WordPress Dashboard and navigate to Appearance > Menu. …
- You will see a new option in each menu item called ‘Open link in new window/tab’, check that box for the menu items you want to open in a new window/tab.
- Once done, click ‘Save Menu’.
How To Force Links In Blogger To Open In New Tab
- Login to your Blogger account.
- Navigate to TEMPLATE > Edit TEMPLATE.
- Search for the <head> tag in your template’s code. Hint: Use Ctrl+F to find the code.
- Copy the code below and Paste it below the tag. <base target=’_blank’/>
- Hit the save button and you are done.
If you want to force a new tabbed window, do the following:
- Open IE.
- From the Tools menu, choose Internet Options.
- Click the General tab.
- In the Tabs section, click Settings.
- In the Open Links From Other Programs In section, click A New Tab In The Current Window.
- Click OK.
How to open menu links in a new tab or window
- Step 1: Expand the Screen Options. On your Appearance > Menus page, click the ‘Screen Options’ link in the top right corner.
- Enable the ‘Link Target’ option. …
- Step 3: Enable the ‘Open link in a new tab’ option for a menu item.
Instead of opening up new windows, you can now open links in new tabs. The big difference here is that browser tabs are easier for users to manage than browser windows. When a new window opens, it covers the user’s earlier window. The user is left confused and wondering how to get back.
If you make Chrome your default browser, any links you click will open automatically in Chrome.
- On your computer, click the Start menu .
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Programs Default Programs. Set your default programs.
- On the left, select Google Chrome.
- Click Set this program as default.
- Click OK.
Open Internet Explorer, click the Settings icon in the upper right corner, and select Internet options. Click Tabs under the General tab. In the Tabbed Browsing Settings window, select Always open pop-ups in a new tab under When a pop-up is encountered and click OK.